Two mornings ago, it was negative 15 degrees at 8:00 in the morning. I looked on the Windows weather app, and it said that the record low for October 30th was 8 degrees, in 2008. Idaho shattered that record this year!
And speaking of shattering records, Brigham started out the cross country season with a time of 21:03 at his first meet, in 15th place on his team. He went on to PR every single meet, and finished at districts with a time of 18:42, in 9th place on his team. He was disappointed about not making the varsity team to go to state, but happy with his progress and excited to keep training. We are so proud of him!
Last week, I dropped Mollie off at the high school to go to an all-day band event at ISU in Pocatello. It was very early in the morning, and the sunrise was just so beautiful that I drove around for a half hour, taking pictures.
I stopped in one remote place and turned off the car and savored the view, and the stillness. It was the perfect way to start the day. I joined a general conference study group this month, something I haven't done before. We have been reading and studying one general conference talk per day, including talks that were referenced by the October 2019 speakers. I have noticed a very positive difference in my life, because I am studying, going much deeper than my usual method of simply re-listening to the talks. It's a needed change for me, and an opportunity I am grateful for.
Allen and I went to the Logan temple on October 17th. Thursday night is my favorite, because it's not quite as crowded, and we still have the whole weekend to spend at home together. We are getting back into a habit of going monthly, and it is another positive and needed change. It keeps us centered on our Savior, and I am so grateful to live so close to so many temples.
| Plus, SUSHI! |
I am so lucky to have Brenda. Our walks are always therapeutic, and she picked me up when I got new tires on my van in Pocatello, missing her chance to see the varsity girls cross-country team run. She is always quick to help and so kind--especially in the way she treats my kids and remembers them on special occasions. Plus, she remembers my schedule for me better than Siri or Alexa or Cortana ever could.
| My newest nephew! Tripp Wilder Coon was born on October 12th! He shares a birthday with his cousin, Tebbin. He was nine pounds even and 23 inches long. Can't wait to meet him! |
Calvin has been doing art EVERY day. He never gets tired of it, and I finally made a big binder for him to keep his drawings and paintings and inventions in. He has said many times, "I love art more than I love video games!" He's getting really good and also has excellent penmanship and is an amazing speller.
I took Calvin with me on a short overnight trip to Cori's last week, for her future daughter-in-law's bridal shower. It was such a fun evening, and Calvin and I had fun on the way home the next day, stopping for sushi in Layton after we got our Wal-Mart grocery pick up. Calvin raved about the sushi, and thanked the waitress about a zillion times.| Plus, SUSHI! |
| Red Lobster for dinner in Pocatello. It was a great date, but it might be my last time eating there . . . |
Halloween night was cold and snowy, but about twenty degrees warmer than the previous nights had been, so we were grateful. October is always one of my favorite months, and this one was no exception!

1 comment:
I feel so very fortunate to have you in my life too! I love our walks and talks (Troy always asks how our Walkie Talkie was when I return home). It is great exercise, cheaper than therapy and way more fun! Thanks for letting me be a little bossy about your schedule...with only Joe at home, I need more people to control. You're the best! <3 <3 <3 See how hip I am with my text hearts
Post a Comment