2009-02-24

Sleepovers, Sledding, & Slush

Sleepovers:

My baby sister, Katie, her husband, Cameron, and their inordinately chubby 4-month-old, Tebbin, stayed with us over the weekend. Can I just say that I love having guests? Three of my sisters have stayed overnight with us so far, and each visit has been delightful . . . this one was no exception.


*Sidenote: I don't know who in our family started calling Katie "Ietak," but I have carried this tradition over to her husband and child--they have such fun names to say backwards.

A definite perk of having Ietak as a house guest is this: on Saturday morning, while Mollie and Tebbin were napping, I said, "I feel like reading," and Ietak responded enthusiastically, "Okay! Me too!" and we sat in companionable silence in the living room, reading our respective books. Ietak told me that she had thought of bringing a book, but then she thought, "Wait--I'm going to see Rebecca--she has tons of books." So she read my copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard (a wonderful and timely gift from Carol), and I read her copy of Despereaux (which I asked her to bring, because I read half of it at her house a few weekends ago--it was a wonderful book!). Best Reading Sisters--don't be jealous.


That Nibbet was irresistable. So cute and sweet and CHEE-ubby. I love the picture of him wearing Brigham's luchador mask. (Also, I made a delectable banana cream pie for Noremac, whose favorite dessert it is. Allen was sorely disappointed at the lack of chocolate, but now banana cream pie is one of my favorite desserts, too. Sorry, husband o' mine).




What trip to Soda Springs would be complete without visiting the world's only captive geyser?

Sledding:

Noremac brought his SNOWMOBILE! My boys were in heaven. First he took Truman and Brigham on rides all over our yard, and then we loaded it up and went sledding.





We all took turns going down the long, steep hill on saucer sleds, and then roared up to the top in nothing flat on the snowmobile. Um, hello, I don't know if I'll ever go sledding without a snowmobile. Seriously, it was all play and no work. Thanks again, Noremac! My kind of Saturday--as you can see in the pictures below, the weather couldn't have been more perfect.







Slush:
Ietak and Noremac and Nibbet took the good weather with them. It has been raining since they left. Steadily. Everything is slushy and melty and icy and muddy, all at the same time. See for yourself.


18 comments:

Leila said...

Aleah is hurrying me off this page because she DOSEN'T LIKE SNOW! It looks like fun to me.

Bon said...

Already read Despereaux and loved it!! It is a fabulous read!

I am so jealous you got Kat and Cam and that chubby little bundle of joy! I still am waiting for them to come see me!! (hint hint, when they read this)

The sledding looks like fun. And there is nothing better than a snow machine to tote ya back up the hill. I get exerted just thinking about walking these days!

Erin said...

First thing - why doesn't Mollie have gloves? Tsk tsk!

Second - I want to come visit too & bring Cameron's snowmobile. That is the best snow idea I've heard in a long time. What great house guests - they bring the entertainment with them. You know how to attract the best, Ceb.

I love the glamour shot of you, your praying mantis glasses & your smoochie husband. Soda Springs needs to put that shot on a travel brochure: Soda Springs is for Lovers!

Last thing - what do you mean by "captive" geyser?

Primary said...

I thought that I'd better comment on your blog because I know that you determine your self-worth by the amount of comments you receive. Super cute, super fun, you are the BEST ever! Is that what you were hoping for? You can blog, and blog, and blog... but I'm afraid it won't fill the void you feel. I also have to say that by you noticing my outfits, just confirms my fears that you are putting too much emphasis on the material aspects of life.

I really do love that cute picture of Mollie. Maybe you could perhaps incorporate it into some sort of gidget?

Jill said...

Those snowmen are cute. It's been a constant drizzle here, too. But I'm ready for Spring.

That is so fun that Katie and her family got to come visit. Her baby is so cute! I love chubs!

The snowmobile sledding looked fun, too. We've done that once so far and it was really fun.

Bugs Mama said...

oh, I'm so jealous of all the snow. I'm a snowbunny at heart. anyways, I have two book recommendations for you. First, Three Cups of Tea....read it, loved it, was inspired. Second is "The Shack" which I admit I haven't read but EVERY SINGLE WOMAN in my life has suggested I read it. So it sits in my living room just waiting for Caleb to sleep. But warning, it's a tear jerker (so I've heard).

Lots o Love

Becca said...

Erin: your comment made me ellowell. The glamour shot (I love spelling it with a "u", too) is only the beginning: 7,000 friends on Facebook, here I come!

Marcie: I only notice your outfits the way everyone noticed that Fidel Castro had only that one khaki jumpsuit . . . I'm just saying you need to diversify.

Sarah: Three Cups of Tea is on my request list at the library!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Best Reading Sisters my foot! How about the most nerd like sisters, book worm sisters, or most neglectful mothers, Just kidding.. hahahaha.. I am so glad that you guys had so much fun. I want a slice of that banana pie. NUMMERS.

The pics of Tebbin in the mask, and Mollie on the sled are especially cute!I must agree with Erin on the gloves. Her fingers are bright red!!(and the NEGLECTFUL MOTHER AWARD goes to....)

Becca said...

Hanna and Erin: her fingers aren't red, it's her natural ruddy complexion :). And since she was only out of the car for five minutes (and OBVIOUSLY happy) I didn't bother to force mittens on her that would have only served to make her UNhappy and scream and pull them off anyway. But Hanna, your comment did make me laugh as well . . .

Dave and Candace said...

Looks like so much fun! That banana cream pie sounds good right now . . . I should learn how to make one!

DEBI said...

Becca, It is good to have you family come visit. I came to Robins new home here in Clinton, Utah and forgot to leave. Your family is cute just like the rest of the girl's families. Love ya, Anut Debi

Rivka said...

Your pictures make me so homesick for I-dee-ho.
When Burke and I were first married and I said I wanted to move back there he would just roll his eyes. Now when I say it he tilts his head to the side thoughtfully.

By Jove, it's progress!

Anonymous said...

I love that your sisters and their families come and spend much needed time with you. It was hard for them just to run and see you while you were living in Texas and Arkansas. I love the relationships you have with your family. Family is so important the older I get the more I realize how important they are. there are so many cute pics of the kids Tebbin with the Mask?? He is such a cutie! Mollie and the hat on the sled look at that smile. Thanks for sharing

Katie Lee said...

It's true we are the best reading sisters (hanna, I know you are jealous.) and if reading makes me a nerd, I aspire to be the queen of the nerds! :D tee hee. Thanks for such a fun weekend bec, (and teh DELICIOUS FOOD.) we will have to visit more often.

Anonymous said...

I wish my husband was loving enough to take a picture of him kissing me, maybe then him and I could make like a myspace or something sophisticated and original like that.. maybe then I would feel like we actually had something. Because without the kissy pictures i feel as if we have NOTHING. NADA. NOT a THING!

Adriane said...

Beck!

Hey, thanks for the great comments my friend. We will be in Germany for about 10 days. Well, Tom is leaving here the end of June and then I am going to drive to Utah with the kids. I will be there for about two weeks in July and then I will leave the sweeties with my mom for about 10 days whilst I join Tom and we tour and have a GRANDE time going to Berlin and who knows where else. I'm very excited. So, maybe when we're in Utah this summer I can come up and see you or visa versa! Miss you too much! Ades

al said...

I'd like to thank Becca for posting the kissing picture of us. I just really, really think it's a really neat picture of me. I'm glad the blog-potential of that shot slipped my mind at that moment or I might not have posed in that really very neat and funny way.

Also, banana cream pie is disgusting. You guys are all freaks... no offense:) (')- :? $;} 4COL LOL 459 MKAY

Joy said...

You, my friend, are one of the few bloggers who can make me laugh out loud. HA!