I have been wanting to make a mini-movie (with mini-people) since July, when my friend Lindsey gave me "a man" for my birthday. She had seen my Schleich collection and sent me this note, along with a cute little overall-ed farmer. It was such a delightful and thoughtful surprise.
Well, on Wednesday morning, I decided to give myself a break and put off my never-ending list and spend an hour doing something I wanted to do. (Actually, I always want to set up toys and group animals into their families. Why is it so soothing?)
Anyway, it was fun to put the projects on hold and be creative. Allen Gives Becca a Present is the movie I wrote, produced, directed, and starred in 😀:
Then it was back to business as usual; here are some pictures of my book nook, before and after some major overhauling and organizing.
BEFORE (hopefully, this information is OBVIOUS)
AAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFTERRRRRRRRR
BEFORE, from a different angle
AFTER! Isn't is glorious?
I filled FOUR Rubbermaid totes with books and toys and they are off to new homes. So now we have a shelf dedicated to my Schleichs, and a shelf dedicated to Legos. The two most perfect toys on the planet. Mollie and Calvin immediately slept in the book nook and watched a movie (that TV/VCR combo also has a little DVD player hooked to it). Mollie has been reading in the book nook every day, and finally the toys have perfectly perfect places to go, which are much easier to access.
I LOVE Schleich animals! And I LOVE that your friend gave you a man for your birthday. And I LOVE that you made this tiny film. And I also LOVE that you mentioned that the before picture was hopefully obvious. Hahah. I kind of wish it had been the proud "after".
My kids and I have watched the Unicorn Jerky video at least a dozen times now! I absolutely love it! So great. I'm so thankful to have you as my friend. Love you, love you. So glad you have such a helpful man to help you out around the farm now.
2 comments:
I LOVE Schleich animals! And I LOVE that your friend gave you a man for your birthday. And I LOVE that you made this tiny film. And I also LOVE that you mentioned that the before picture was hopefully obvious. Hahah. I kind of wish it had been the proud "after".
My kids and I have watched the Unicorn Jerky video at least a dozen times now! I absolutely love it! So great. I'm so thankful to have you as my friend. Love you, love you. So glad you have such a helpful man to help you out around the farm now.
Post a Comment