2018-11-19

Hiking AIl Year!

I want to try to do a couple hikes every month, and not let the snow stop me.  November has been very cold so far, but not very snowy.  We'll see if our luck holds.

Truman and I were getting ready for a hike on Saturday, and Allen wanted to come.  Then Calvin had to go, insisting "I LOVE to hike!" . . . which was news to us.  Turns out, he really does love to hike.  I couldn't believe how he powered up the steep trail of Chester Hill (S Hill). Now if we could just get Brigham to love to hike, we'd be all set for some family backpacking adventures this coming summer . . .
Truman and I rode our bikes to S Hill, hiked to the top, then met Dad and Calvin halfway down, and turned around and hiked it again.  It was the warmest day of the month, but we were all glad for warm jackets and gloves.  

I like how Allen and Calvin wore matching outfits . . .





A week earlier, Allen and I took Mollie hiking on the west side of town.  We call this hike "Soda Ridge."  The trail isn't as well-defined, but it's pretty, and since it's on a southern-facing exposure, it is more hike-able than other areas, this time of year.  I'd love to create a "Soda Ridge Trail" that goes all the way from Oregon Trail Road back to Chester Hill . . . a project for when my kids are grown and gone, perhaps???  In the mean time, I want to keep hiking with them!

 

No comments: