2018-11-18

Hunting Season 2018

In the hunting units around Soda Springs, only antlered deer could be harvested this year . . . so, naturally, we saw an ABUNDANCE of does.  And moose.  And all kinds of animals that were not antlered. 

Luckily, Truman and Brigham have two fun uncles (funcles, heh, heh) who love to hunt and took them out all day searching for deer in a unit where does could be harvested.  Truman got his first deer--a nice, fat doe--from about forty yards on his first shot (with our new .30-06).  He was so excited that he jumped a barbed wire fence and picked the whole doe up in his arms.  Eli said he was laughing too hard to think about filming this event, but I sure wish I could have seen that.

Truman and Brig are still, one month later, talking about what a great time they had with Ev and E, and I feel so grateful to have such fun-loving brothers who are just kids at heart.

Next year will be Brig's year (and hopefully Eli's year too, haha!).

No comments: