2010-12-25

Christmas Countdown

December 25th: My Christmas present to all you blogstalkers: a picture of me in all my pajama-ed and bed-headed glory, making Christmas crepes. The fabulous new apron is from Bonnie, and festive star earrings from Allen (a joke). Merry Christmas!

December 24th: Cori picked us up at the SLC airport wearing THIS. Oh yes, she made it herself. The antlers kind of look like airplanes, which was appropriate for the occasion. And check out the earrings . . .



December 23rd: Allen performed this self-arranged version of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" at our community Christmas concert a few weeks ago. Isn't it beautiful?

December 22nd: Brigham and his friend Skyler are cute but naughty little . . . er . . . angels.

December 21st: Happy Winter's Solstice! The days are only getting longer from here on out! Meanwhile, our snowman family has seen colder days . . .

December 20th: Our first snowman-family of the Winter. Can you tell who is whom?

December 19th: It never hurts to be prepared . . .



December 18th: Truman's first Christmas recital. His piece is one minute long--the perfect length for any recital piece, as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't he look so handsome and grown up?

December 17th: The Golden Eagle gets dusted in an overnight wind/snow storm. Don't be jealous of our extra rearview mirrors. Safety first, people.

December 16th: Visions of sugarplums . . .

December 15th: Ready to go outside and work.

December 14th: Ready to go outside and play.

December 13th: The Christmas dessert we've been waiting for all year long: Oreo Bonbons . . . your entire daily caloric intake in each bite. (Look in my recipe box on the sidebar if you want to make them yourself).

December 12th: Mollie is modeling the newest Christmas dress that arrived in the mail from Nana. This is her favorite one to date--and I love it, too. Check out last year's apron dress.

December 11th: Brigham will not go sledding without protective eye gear. Even though he doesn't exactly need it.

December 10th: Me and Cori got to spend a fabulous weekend together (as part of my Christmas gift from Allen). One of our traditions is to always open our Christmas gifts to each other right when we give them. (BTW, she finally beat me at Scrabble . . . and how.)

December 9th: We made real wreaths for our Young Women activity this week: one of my favorite Christmas things. But Mollie thinks she is the star of this picture.

December 8th: The kids are being pulled on a sleigh drawn by "Old Ephraim" in front of King's (their favorite store) in Montpelier. We hitched up our own team and headed to Walton's today to get feed for the stock before the real Winter storms hit. What trip to Montpelier would be complete without a little toy shopping at King's?

December 7th: Truman displaying our rock-hard gingerbread houses. We made them for FHE and let them set up overnight. Can you tell we used leftover Halloween candy?

December 6th: Brigham took a trip to see the man in red today. While we were waiting in line, he must've asked me twenty times, "Do I tell him I want Lego Star Wars, or Star Wars Legos? One is a video game and one is a toy . . . I want the one that's a toy."

December 5th: Mollie placing the middle star on our three-trunked Christmas tree.

December 4th: Today was the best time we've ever had getting a Christmas tree. Our friends, the Walkers, took us into the back country on snowmobiles to find the perfect one. We saw nine deer on our way out--the scenery was gorgeous!

December 3rd: Sledding at the Beesleys'! Mollie was the bravest of the three kids--she even went down the big hill by herself. Brigham calls saucer sleds "saucerer sleds."

December 2nd: Not the first snow of the season, but definitely the first snowman snow. Hopefully the snowman vandals from last winter have outgrown their annoying pranks. (Anyone know what movie I'm quoting in the above picture?)

December 1st: "Five and twenty of December, fum, fum, fum!" Brigham has been asking when we're gonna hang up "the Christmas thing with the pockets" for about three months now. December has finally arrived!

13 comments:

Jade said...

Nacho Libre. Duh. Because your robe and regular clothes were stinky.

Lindy said...

One word: Naaaaaaaaaaaaacho!I wish I could say it to you in person, but you'll have to draw it out in a high pitched voice with your eyes scrunched up yourself.

Also, I'm way jealous. I wanna come and play! And your Christmas countdown is so, so cute.

Lindy

Leila said...

Still no snow here and I can't say that I am sad.

It sounds like it could be from Napoleon Dynamite but I am not sure.

shawna said...

Love it...as always. Funny kids. By the way I'm curious about more of your favorite recipes...please ;)

Erin said...

I love the graphics/logo AND your recreation clothes. Charm city! This is great. Now one of our advent activities will be checking in with YOUR advent activities. You guys are the best. (Make sure you include a photo of your snowman supplies, won't you?)

Lindy said...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-3D-Paper-Snowflake

These directions use tape and staples, but I found hot glue to be much easier.

Also, I made some with the 9 year old I babysit and it was easiest if I drew the lines with pencil first, and then she just cut along the lines. I think that sentence makes more sense once you start making them...

Any way, happy crafting!

And I really like the other header too. I'm working on merging the two right now--but stuff like school take priority...LAME.

Bon said...

Lurve the pictures. Hate that you are caught up and I am still in September- wretchdidlyetched!

Cutest kids EVa-hu

PREVIOUS Cheerleader... said...

CUTEST APRON I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. Love it.
LOOOOOVE it! (Like Weezy)

Erin said...

I am loving your countdown! Mollie is an adorable little elf, as is Brigham, as is Cori and you ... and anyone else I missed.

Tiny omission though - what were your gifts to each other?

Also, make sure to keep ME posted on CityBoobs. I'm addin' those to MY wish list.

Emily said...

Lego Star Wars, by the way, is a SUPER-CUTE game. My bro Ryan (whom you've met) and our mom...and other brother...and brother-in-law are all obsessed with all the Lego [insert action movie title] games. I've only played a bit, but they look really creative and fun. Dunno if they make it for that weird boxy game console thing you guys have, though...you'll just have to come visit and play on our Xbox!

Becca said...

Em, we already own Lego Star Wars, (the video game). I wish someone would make a YouTube video of all the "movie clips" from the game into one long Lego Star Wars movie. They crack me up--especially the scene of Darth Vader revealing that he is Luke's father. Lego-Vader says "I'm your father," Lego-Luke shakes head in disbelief, then Lego-Vader pulls out a Polaroid picture of the two of them together as proof of their filial relationship, and Lego-Luke screams, "Noooooooo!" So funny.

Bon said...

Loved this Christmas countdown and you look fab in your new apron.

{The Castaways} said...

Allen, I thought your performance was beautiful. Henry was dissapointed ("But...I thought all the stuff on Utube was funny. I guess this is OK, though.") This is what I get for showing him your karaoke first.