2010-12-16

2010 in a Nutshell

{See ALL our nutshells at Bex Mixed Nuts, a permanent page at the top of the blog.}

We've had a tradition every December of sending "the year in a nutshell" with our Christmas cards. Alas, Economic Downturn, El NiƱo, and the Tea Party have all conspired to prevent us from physically mailing out Christmas cards in 2010.

But that's why we love the good ol' World Wide Web! Hopefully next year we'll be supporting our wonderful US Postal Service, but in the mean time, please pretend like our latest family photo and the year in a nutshell arrived this morning in your mailbox (and feel free to disregard the self-indulgent trip down nutty-shell lane).








5 comments:

Erin said...

Your family photo is a STUNNER. Which talented photag sister took this shot? I love it. I wish I knew how to make a heart emoticon.

Here are some things I love about it:
the color coordination between outfits
the color of Mollie's dress in particular
Allen's kind smile & vintage-cool shirt
Brigham's serious face
Truman's Truman-ness
Becca is GORGEOUS
the harvest-themed agricultural stalks that surround you

(my apologies for writing a non parallel list)

Ammons Family said...

I love the family photo! However I can't believe you are blaming the tea party. Oh the conspiracy!

Bugs Mama said...

loved your Blog-card. We aren't sending out cards this year either, got a bit too much on our plates to get it all done and still remain sane. BUT there will be a pretty sweet announcement in the near future (I HOPE!)

Glad to read the annual update and glad you're back to blogging. Missed you!

Katie Lee said...

By the way, I agree with Erin, you look sooooo gorg in your pic.

k8 said...

What a CUTE picture! And every reference on your blog to deer meat makes me laugh. It's one of my favorite stories. :)