I mentioned in my previous post that August was the busiest month of my life. Dieter F. Uchtdorf hit the nail on the head when he said, "Let's be honest--it's rather easy to be busy, isn't it?" It's HARD to not be busy. Sometimes I resent so many things crowding into my schedule and competing for my time, but August really was GOOD-busy, overall. I took Mollie and Calvin to meet my friend Melanie on the 3rd of August, after piano lesson in Montpelier. I'm glad we squeezed it in when we could, or it never would have happened.
August 4th, we went on one of the funnest dates of the year--carp shooting at Alexander with Brandi and Jeremy, which I wrote about on Date Night 2021! Then I went to Dayna's for fabulous outdoor book club.I cleaned my friend Jennifer's Airbnb a TON in August, at LEAST twice a week. On August 6th, I was so glad my friend Susy Hunsaker went with me to help my elderly neighbor, Martha Reese, with dinner and her bedtime routine. She moved into our assisted living home the following Monday, and it was bittersweet to see her say goodbye to her home and her dog, Mitzy.
We had FHE with the Kunz family on the 9th, dentist appointments for all the kids on the 10th, plus Truman's mission immunizations, and I took dinner to Rachel Black (and her new baby boy, Maverick) that same night. Mollie had an orthodontist appointment on the 11th, and as soon as Allen got home from work, we drove down to Utah and stayed in a hotel overnight. We managed to shop for Truman's mission suits, got to Lagoon, eat Korean food, and get our school shopping done on that trip.
Harper's and Maverik's baptism was on the 14th, and I'm so glad Mollie and Calvin and I were able to go--it had been an eventful week, but full of opportunities to serve others and support friends and family.
Calvin's birthday was on the 17th. He done got spoiled by all of us. Ten is a special age, I think.
| While biking around Bear Lake, I ran into three cutie-cute sisters from my growing up years in the Iona First ward. I loved seeing Hailey, Melissa, and Kim Longhurst! |
| Renfroe kids, August 22, 2021 |
| Mollie crocheted a Hetsu (from Zelda:BOTW) and a sheep for Truman and they were his favorite gifts |
No comments:
Post a Comment