2021-09-18

Brigham's Homecoming Date

Brigham and Trinity (celebrity nickname: Brignity) met working at Lava Hot Springs and dated each other all summer long.  It's my favorite kind of "boyfriend/girlfriend" situation, because Trinity lives 45 minutes away, so they didn't actually see each other very often.  Plus, he brought her to meet us, and he went to her house to meet her parents, which is always nice.

Her school and ours had the same date (September 18th) for their respective Homecoming dances, but she was kind enough to come to Soda.

They aren't "together" anymore (which is even more perfect than a girlfriend-who-lives-far-away), but they are both pretty mature for their ages and are still friends.  Still, me and Savanah and my mom had fun setting up a dinner for them at the pretty rock pavilion at Sheep Point: a historical marker on the Oregon trail that overlooks the Bear River Canyon.

Gary, Morgann, Trinity ,and Brigham

Gary and Brig

I supplied the tables, chairs, candles, and dishes, and Savanah brought the perfect extra touches: a gold table runner, a gold napkin holder, and PERSONALIZED place cards cut on wood disks.  Eeeeee!  We got some sparkling cider and a chocolate cake at the grocery store, and the rest of the food (chicken fried steak, chicken parmesan, and chicken alfredo) were ordered from Porter's Pub.  Allen picked up the food when it was hot and delivered it right after we were done taking photos.

It had rained all day, but the sun came out and it was so pretty by the time the teenagers arrived.


The best helpers!  I'm so glad I didn't have to do it alone.

My mom had to sketch the pavilion in her journal . . . 

Savanah made it special!

Cutie pies

During the day, they went to Outer Limits in Pocatello, a big laser tag / arcade place.  Then they dropped the girls off to get ready in Inkom, came home and changed, and met at the "Y"--the intersection of Highways 30 and 34.

I'm glad Brigham has a fun group of friends to do stuff like this with. And I'm glad I have a fun group of sisters and moms to help me when life gets a little more fancy.

No comments: