
My baby brother turned nineteen yesterday! Since he is kind of frozen at age eight in my mind, I am still feeling weirded out by it. Are you sure you didn't turn nine, E?
In keeping with the tradition of birthday posts for my sibs, here are nineteen things I love about Eli:
1. He loves to sing and has an amazing voice! Not only was he in Bonnevaires, the highest performing choir at our high school (I admit, the name is a little iffy), but he was also in an ELIte six-man ensemble called Apollo 6. Their crooning causes swooning.
2. And a bonus to his fabulous singing ability is that he's a mean beat-boxer. I wish I had video of him beat-boxing to post on here . . . I am impressed every time he starts to do his human drum thing.
3. As the youngest of eight kids, it's amazing he's still alive, because he's been tortured by all of us for the entirety of his nineteen years.
4. Though I have not observed it firsthand, I hear he's quite good at spotting wildlife--good thing you can take Eagle-Eye E along with you, Dad!
5. Like everyone in the family, he's a great fisherman. A virtue if ever there was one (nice Batman shirt, E).
6. He doesn't just play drums with his mouth--he's an actual bona-fide drummer (and Allen has reaped the benefits, because he bought Eli's entire drumset for a sweet fifty bucks).
7. Eli's got good style. Maybe it's not something he wants everyone to know, but he's quite adept at picking out the perfect, stylish ensemble. (Teehee--except for his collection of ratty slippers!)
8. Eli loves animals. Wretched Charlie.
9. E's popular with the ladies . . . "♫♪ Eli's comin'. Eli's a-comin'. Girl, you better hide your heart! ♪♫" I'm sure his mission president is going to have to make all the sister missionaries read President Kimball's famous discourse, "Lock Your Heart." HahahahahaHA!
10. E has a great sense of humor (he's my little brother, after all).
11. He has always been athletic, and loves to do tricks on bikes, skateboards, and snowboards. There's a rumor that he can land flips on a snowboard, and he supposedly video-recorded himself doing it . . . but I have yet to see this alleged video :).
12. He's a handsome devil.
13. He taught himself to play guitar.

14. He writes songs for the ladies.
15. Eli is such a fun uncle! He's a Funcle! All the kids love playing with him and teasing him.
16. He is a good example to his friends! We are all so excited for his mission, and I know his positive and obedient example will make a difference in the lives of his friends.
17. He loves Batman and ninjas--such a kid at heart.
18. Eli's an awesome basketball player. I never cease to be surprised that he is a good six inches taller than me, even in his slippers! (And you look like you're eleven in this picture, E).

19. He'll always be my baby brother! I am so proud of his decision to serve a full-time mission, and I know that he'll meet with success because he is so friendly and likable! We'll miss you, E! Happy Birthday!
1991: one-year-old Eli and end-of-the-eighties Mom
1992: cute little devil at Anderson Reunion
1994: the height of the XXL shirt "craze"

1996: one of my favorite pictures of my tough little brothers at Bear Lake

1997: Ev and E are each standing on a pedal of my bike, riding through the parking lot of Carousel Court in Rexburg. They came to visit me my first year at Ricks and impressed all of my roommates with their skills.




11 comments:
That is crazy that he is old enough to go on a mission! I wonder if there is a picture anywhere of he and Everett sitting in the mud puddle in our driveway. That's still the mental image that always pops into my head. So cute... and busy.
By the way, I didn't know you lived in Soda Springs. I don't live that far from you. We live 10miles from Downata.
I sure enjoy your blog posts. You always had a fun sense of humor!
I still can't believe it either. What seems wierd is the fact that I was married at this youthful age. Girls really do mature faster. Oh Eli.. app, app, appy, birthday, app, app, appy birthday, appy birthday to you(in my most off toned voice EVAAA).
My favorite part was, "Their crooning causes swooning".Such a poet Bec,and so true. I have seen Eli swoon his voice into the hearts of millions.
Your stroll down memory lane pictures & comments are so fun. I love them! (I laughed & laughed on the Bonnie picture where you said something like, this is the year Mom let you wear mascara.)
Ratty snowmobile, check.
XXL shirt, check (plus the big sheet of pictures that didn't get handed out to friends!)
Proud fishermen, check.
This is such a lovely birthday tribute. He owes you big time!
Holy Moses, where do you get all these embarassing pictures? I can think of some awesome ones of my siblings I'd post if I could ever get ahold of them. Your birthday tributes are great, Bec. Too bad I'm not your sibling because I feel pretty assured you have some embarassing pictures of me. Although that one of me pouring straight syrup into K.C.'s mouth is a classic. Were you there for that?
There are so many things about Eli that I did not know. I love getting to know everyone Happy Birthday Eli!
Erin: I'm glad you appreciate the mascara comment, because I still laugh about that one, too. Eli's birthday tribute is the last one (I've covered all seven sibs now), and it's a been a fun stroll, I must admit.
Emily: I don't think I remember syrup, or K.C. . . . Casey? Who was that? But rest assured, I have embarrassing photos of you, Boogs.
Your mom was telling me about that picture of the boys on the bike and how they pedaled...what talent!! The cake was made from the Willams Sonoma pan, it is really fun and the girls LOVE it! I love reading your blog, you are such a good person...and an incredible mother I hear.
Thanks for tell us all about Eli he sounds like a great brother
Love Aunt sharon
Becca,
My first comment friend! I was going to ask you how you did your background etc. Thanks! Brian says he is going to lose all of his friends - so keep commenting on his blog as a favor to me, ok? :) He just punched me in the arm!
love ya,
Leila
I love that you do this. I keep wanting to copy you. Hopefully this year I will.
Wow! You are like the nicest sister ever to do these super nice long posts for your siblings!
I'm excided for his Mission!
Post a Comment