2021-11-06

The Golden Spoke!

My friend Rachel and I had been planning on riding "The Golden Spoke" in October, but life happened.  We never dreamed we'd have the perfect weather in NOVEMBER!  The stars aligned, and on November 5th we rode our bikes from Ogden Canyon to Provo Canyon and then back to Lehi to catch the train--120 miles total, all on paved bike trails.  


Here is a video of the Golden Spoke in ONE MINUTE.

It was an apple-pie-blue-sky day, and the farthest I have ever gone on a single ride.  I'm grateful for good friends, incredible civic planning, and this beautiful world. 

On the coolest bridge of the route, right at mile 50,
Salt Lake City is behind us and east of us


It was COLD when we started out,
but by noon we were in short sleeves!

Cori met us on the JRT by her house with yummy
drinks and anti-chafe cream :) because she is THE BEST

I love this shot I got of Rachel!

And I love this shot she got of us by this fancy barn!

Celebratory Zinger at 100 mile mark!

What a blast! So many of my favorite adventures are with Raych--she is as kind and good and conscientious as she is fun-loving and adventurous. (And this ride was about ten times easier than the century ride we did in Yellowstone last April)

No comments: