![]() |
| Alison, Becca, Vonda, Elaine, Kari, Carolee, Kristin, Jessica, and Katrina |
![]() |
| Thanks for this flattering photo, Linds. ;) |
Aside from its length, the hike was easy to moderate--we only gained 1,000 in elevation over 15 miles, so there was nothing too steep. A June hike means we had plenty of mud and water to navigate, but the only really hard part of the hike was MOSQUITOES. They were insane. On the last half of the hike, we barely stopped for breaks because they swarmed us whenever we stood still.
There was a very clear set of bear tracks, spotted by long-time friend, Christina, on the trail, so that was exciting. Lindsey's expert father-in-law confirmed that they were grizzly tracks! I was never scared about bears, partly because, well, I am never scared about bears . . . but also because there were twenty-nine of us!
![]() |
| Grizz! |
Twenty-nine women is a lot--I was reluctant to join so large a throng--but I always come away from activities like this feeling thankful for the effortless way that women connect with one another. We are still in the middle of the global COVID-19 pandemic, and I think the size of this hike was directly due to the need we all had to GET OUT and be with people. It was beautiful, sunny, and the best way I know of to recharge.
We celebrated our Very Active Day in the wilderness by stopping for dinner at the incomparable 511 Main Fountain and Pizzeria in Ashton, and it was just as delicious as I remember.
What a great way to start the summer. Thanks, Lindsey, for giving us this boost!





1 comment:
Oh I LOVE it! Watching your videos are one of the BEST parts of a hike. What an epic hike and I truly meant what I said in the video..."it's like an endless line of all my best friends in the whole world!"
Thanks for all your hard work in putting this video together Bec! 😘
-Lindz
Post a Comment