It's only been two weeks since school let out, and we've already driven across the country (to Arkansas, via Mesa Verde) and back (pulling a small U-Haul Trailer). I will write about our destinations later, but for now, here are some things I observed on the road:
![]() |
| I snapped this photo at a gas station in Kansas . . . because I could hardly stand the America-ness of it all! |
10- U-Haul's slogan: "Moving Made Easier, Since 1945." Because "Lowering Fuel Economy PRECIPITOUSLY, Since 1945" must have been taken.
9- While we're on the subject, Allen installed a trailer hitch on our minivan. And now I have a slogan of my own: "Becca's Shins Haven't Been This Battered and Bruised, Since 1989."
8- Best town name? Opolis, Kansas. "We don't need the rest of the -opolis!" I like that kind of Chutzpah, Kansas!
7- Worst town name? Bovina, Colorado. A word that means sluggish, dull, and stupid is not going to attract new citizens, Bovina. Just sayin'.
6- My kids' favorite billboard on I-70? pooplessyards.com
5- Bluetooth in the car is a good idea in theory . . . but not when teenagers want to jump in with playlists of their own.
4- All the Renfroes agree that two songs made 50+ hours on the road enjoyable: "The Wire," by Haim, and "Grace Kelly," by Mika.
3- Trip miracle? We only wandered forty miles in the wrong direction. So Biblical.
2- Even bigger trip miracle? I embarked on this trip with two hair clips . . . and RETURNED WITH TWO HAIR CLIPS. Unprecedented.
...and my (oddly familiar) number one observation?
1- Our minivan has smelled better.
(Remember the Top Ten from our last big trip?)


No comments:
Post a Comment