2018-03-18

Spring "Break" 2018

Even though I teach school in another town . . . there are only three school districts in our entire county.  So you would think they could coordinate their Spring Breaks to be the same week.

But they didn't.

My kids' spring break is THIS WEEK, and my Spring break is the NEXT WEEK.  

Stupid.

However, we made lemonade with these lemons as best we could.  Allen and I were the wedding singers for Levi Franson's wedding on Friday night, down in Orem.  So we went ahead and got a hotel for two nights and took the kids to pretty much the same place we went for last year's Spring Break.  Like most kids, they don't care where we go as long as the hotel has a pool . . . 

I should have had someone snap a photo of both
of us while we were singing.  The wedding photographer
took a bunch, so maybe I will post one later.
I think Allen is the handsomest and talentedest.
These cuties got married at the Draper temple.

Adorable.
If you don't know this about me already, I love thrift stores and I looooooooooooooove Schleich animals.  I used to like the D.I. the most, but I think that Saver's might be replacing my love for the Deseret Industries (in general, Saver's is not quite as clean as D.I., but the trade-off is that it is more organized.  So I just slather on the hand sanitizer).  Saver's organizes (mostly) similar little toys into small bags, and looking through those bags for Schleich animals is akin to hunting for treasure.  Treasure-hunting where you ALWAYS find treasure!

Dun-da-lun!
 After a fun morning at Lowe's Extreme Airsports, we were planning on going to Hogle Zoo . . . but it was snowing.  Then we thought about going to the Loveland Aquarium, but when we arrived, there was a line going out the door.  And it's super expensive.  So we went to THE MOVIES, which was the perfect idea.  Mollie and Calvin and I went to A Wrinkle in Time, and Truman and Brigham and Allen went to Tomb Raider.  We all loved our choices.
Mollie and Calvin enjoyed some gelato while we waited for
the boys to get out of their movie.
We can't wait for this one, either!
Last stop: Joe's Crab Shack!  We haven't eaten there in a decade, and our kids loved it.  After stuffing ourselves with shrimp, lobster, and crab, we headed back to the hotel for another night of swimming and movies.
Happy St Patrick's Day!
I dread being at work while my kids are home this week, but I'm glad we got to spend a fun weekend together.  And, I admit, it won't be quiiiiiiiiite as hard to be home next week while they are at school.  Mama gonna get stuff done.

No comments: