
One of the very hardest parts about moving away from Arkansas was leaving my Heather. She is beautiful, she is always thinking of others, she is hilarious, she's talented and crafty, she's an exemplary mother (and is about to have baby number five in T minus three weeks), she's smart, she understands people so well, and if it weren't for Heather, Allen wouldn't be as great as he is . . . or possibly even alive. I'm pretty sure that if every guy had an older sister like Heather, every marriage would be a happy one.
In honor of the occasion, here is a sweet little silly birthday poem:
Her hairdo always looks just right,
Each tooth is straight, her smile is white,
And she is kind, sincere, polite—
To be with her is sheer delight.
Heather couldn’t hurt a mite . . .
Egad! This girl is dynamite!
Remarkable, in her own right.

15 comments:
Happy birthday Heather! You are seriously giving Madonna a run for her money in that get-up! It is true that Becca is forever braggity-bragging about her best sister in law, but little does she know that you and I are even BETTER friends! Shhhhh...Hope your day is great!
Oh, AND, when do I get to watch Hadley and that new baby???? I'm sure you'll be ready for a big ski trip just a couple weeks post-partum :)
Sorry Bec, no kudos for you today. NOT your birthday, boogs.
Happy,Happy Birthday Heather Dear! I know that we don't know each other very well, but through all of the amazing things Rebecca has said, I feel like you are one of a kind. Rebecca has always bragged that none of us could possibly have a sister in Law as cool as you. Thank you for always being so sweet to my sister, and for being such a great friend. She is really lucky to have you. I hope that your birthday is a GREAT one!
P.S. Lurve the 80's throwback pic!
Heather, You have such a gorgeous family. We really are so grateful that you are such a loving sis-in-law to our big sister! I feel like I know you from all the great things I've heard from Becca! She truly is lucky to have such a great friend! (I guess we can share her with you!) :D
and I too love the fabulous 80's pic of the two of you!
Happy Birthday Heather! I liked the poem Becca
Happy Birthday Heather.
That post made me cry. (It's all the stupid pregnancy hormones.)
I hope one day (a while away though) that Owen's wife will love Ella as much as you love Heather. That's pretty awesome. Seriously awesome.
Oh Eather....you are so delightful in every way! Although we have met once..I love hearing all about you. I feel like we are BEST friend. Not BEC and you. You are gorgeous and extremely talented.
Hope you have the best birthday ever! You deserve it!
Heather...my favorite of all of Becca's friends....(sorry Cori) I have always thought you were special :O) But your 80's pictures proves it!!! And IF I were Becca, I would have EDITED myself OUT of that picture!!!! Happy Birthday! I love you and have always thought Becca was lucky to have you as one of her sisters.
LOVES!
Ali
Happy Birthday Heather.. You truly are an amazing person... Love Mama Coon!
Dear Heather -
the family photo is gorgeous & you are the shining star of that bunch. I know how lovely you are since I check out your photos on Facebook anytime I want!
I am so glad that we have connected via Becca. I remember staying in your home in the Woodlands one general conference weekend (even though you weren't actually there) and being SO impressed with your beautiful home. When I met you in person, I was impressed with your beautiful countenance too.
The times we have visited in Fayetteville, I enjoy your easy, breezy camaraderie, whether at the pool or the lake. You are like Northwest Arkansas' Martha Stewart ... or a younger, kinder, softer, prettier version of her. You get the picture ...
Many wishes for a splendid year.
~Erin
Heather! She deserves your every compliment! I love hearing about how sweet she was to you, Becca! She's a dear, alright! Kind, generous, and wise beyond her years. xo to Heather! xo to you too Becca!
This made me want to cry. And I love that someone in the family can put into words what I think all of us feel about you Heather. I don't know if you are actually going to check all these comments, but if you do I want you to know (and I hope you already do know) how much I love you. You've always been there for me during my drama in life and I oh so look up to you. Heather... I want to be like you :).
And Becca... for the record... I helped Heather come up with the sister ring idea. And I know that Heather and Jena would both agree with me when I say that we couldn't have asked for a better new sister. Kevin's future wife better be pretty dang cool if she want's in.
love ya'll
Kathryn
I popped over from Tracy's blog to say hi. I've heard a lot about your snowman post this week and had to check that out, too - hi-lar-i-ous! Great blog! :-)
I feel like the chaperon at the stake dance looking in on this, but I have always thought Heather was cool, especially her laugh. It always makes me feel better.
Dad
Heather, Dad loves you very much.
DAD
I thought I left a comment the first time I saw this post. This was the nicest birthday present ever!!! Becca You are the best sister-in-law anyone could ever ask for. I truly am blessed!
Thanks to everyone else for your super nice comments. This is definitely a post I can come and read anytime I am having a bad day. Love ya Becca!!!
Post a Comment