2021-02-02

Six More Weeks of Winter

I can handle that.  But Winter sure as heck better leave in the middle of March, because that will be the one-year mark of the pandemic.  One year of figurative winter is long enough, Punxsutawney Phil.

In the mean time, INDOOR PROJECTS.  Nothing makes my heart go pitter-pat quite like a before-and-after photo.  Especially when it's something from my own home.

Since this coat closet also serves as my office and sewing room, it's like I cleaned THREE things instead of one.  I am hoping to post befores-and-afters of my laundry room next.

I filled up a tote with donations while I decluttered and organized, because Georgia and I had planned a quick, moms-only, thrifting excursion!  We left early Saturday morning, masked up, and went to four huge thrift stores south of the Idaho border.  We both found things we were looking for, and things we didn't even know we were looking for.  Georgia scored some super nice bar chairs, and of course tons of children's books--she also left each children's book section more organized and clean than she found it!

It was a fun day with my cute friend--it's always nice to spend time on a drive in good conversation.  And when you both love Maverik drinks and food from The Old Grist Mill?  A match made in heaven, I tell you!
What a fun trip!  We laughed all day long.  I love my Jojajo!

My favorite find: five bags of Schleich animals for $20!

Georgia went through all the children's books 
and found a new Night Before Christmas I can
add to my collection!  It's so cute I can't stand it!

This pop-up book is so cool, each page is fabulous

The Rosie Project had been on my Amazon wishlist,
and I have heard good things about Snow Flower
and the Secret Fan

Back to the home front: It's nice having Jacob back!  He turned thirteen last week, but thankfully without the drama of most thirteen-year-olds.  He has been loving playing outside every day after school, which is a new development, and so fun.  Yesterday he and Mollie played for a long time together and came in with rosy cheeks, snowy coats, and big grins.  The two best teenagers I've ever seen!  

Nobody gives hugs like Jacob--they are so full of love!

I let Calvin stay home from school after a dentist's appointment--he had a great day working on his map of "Nivena," researching all the biomes on the computer so he could include each one in his world.  He has grown so mature this year, and I can't believe he is nine!  I love having conversations with this kid.

And finally, Twyla has found a new, cozy hiding pace where she is free from being tormented by Zuko: the winter clothes totes.  I don't know how she figured out how to jump up and into a bag, but it is always hilarious to glimpse her snuggled up with the hats and gloves.  These bags hang right above a heating vent in the bathroom . . . Twyla is no dummy.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Blast that groundhog. He’s never said two weeks. And if he has ... he’s lied. But the Schleich animals for 20 bucks! One puny one is $5! Nice find!