2007-08-01

Bex Recipe Box

All the recipe cards have a new home at a new blog:
Bex Recipe Box
(Including lots of mouthwatering photos)



Bex 3x5 Recipe Cards
1. Click to enlarge
2. Copy and paste
3. Size as you wish
4. Print and enjoy!
(Directions on how I make my recipe cards
are in the comments field at the bottom)


















































































































8 comments:

Mystial Batwoman said...

So I made "Chicken Curry in a Hurry" tonight for dinner. It was good...very good. But I have to say I'm a bit confused about the title of the dish. Two knives, a cutting board, a pot, a pan, two lids, four bowls and two measuring cups later I was done fixing dinner. Unfortunately with my experience I would have to say it should be called "Chicken Curry makes things Dirty.....in a hurry". Explain to me, is there a long version called "Chicken Curry a three day Journey"? Was this recipe the short version? Either way it was really good! I'm making it again soon. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Made those yummy panacakes last night and they were DEVOURED by my family, who are not particularly pancake fans, especially whole wheat. Oh you and your tried and true dishes...remember when I was a better cook? Wierd.

Courtney said...

how do you make such cute recipe cards?!?! I want to make some! So, if I wanted to print yours how would that work? ...onto 3x5's that is. :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Becca, I have really been needing you to add more yummy recipes! I love all of yours. They top any recipe website and I just love that you have them in index card format! I keep telling Bonnie to do hers in the same format for my convenience of coarse! get cracken on some new ones! I have mastered moms rolls. They are so delish and I think you need to add them to your recipes!

Jaime said...

I tried the dump salsa last night and it was so good! I also have a recipe site and I was wondering if you could tell me how to do the index cards, it is such a good idea. If you would rather not then I totally understand, it is awesome!

Becca said...

I make the cards in Microsoft Word, using text boxes to format everything the way I want. When I have the card exactly the way I want it, I enlarge it so that it fills the whole screen. Then I push the "print screen" button on my keyboard (usually located above the number pad on the right). "Print screen" takes a picture of whatever is on your screen. Next, I open up photoshop, open a new document, and paste what I have copied. Then I crop out the recipe card and save it as a jpeg picture.

I know I could actually make these cards in photoshop . . . but this is the way that works for me, because I loooooooove Microsoft Word.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean 10-day OBLIGATION bread. It's just like an extra child, reminding you that you have something else yet to tend that day. I'd rather have an extra child ANY day than a sack of dough calling out to me "Feed me! Feed me!" I am, however, Super excited about the pizza dough as it never calls out, but ONLY serves me, as food was meant to do.

Liz Robertson said...

wow what a recipe collection, and so VISUALLY-appetizing. Love the clip art. You are my kinda cook: I love trying new things. I might start a blog with all the pics I have...

I've been collecting vegetable recipes, and I might try & add some of yours. (I just get bored of thawing corn/peas/beans or making a side garden salad or baked potatoes. And BTW, your Christmas post was darling.