2014-02-14

TENTH Annual Valenbot Extravaganza (+ Valentine's Day)


Ten years strong--it's the greatest family tradition ever.  Just sayin'.

We knew the only way we could construct bots is if Calvin was
napping.  Which is why he is not shown here.
True to form, we all made ours in under two hours,
except for Allen, who finished his at 2 AM






Only Brigham and Mollie passed out photos for Valentine cards this year, since Truman is at the middle school and Calvin is only two.  I made Truman let me take pictures of him when he got home from school yesterday, because he was all dressed up for the sixth grade Valentine dance and he looked so handsome.  But he did not cooperate.




This sassy photo will have to suffice for this year's Calvintine . . .
It was sweet to see how excited the kids were to give each other Valentines before Allen went to work this morning.  Allen kind of went overboard with his Valentines this year . . . overboard in a good way--because who can have too many expressions of love from their dad {or husband}?  Below are my favorites--this is not even a fourth of the cards floating around my house today.  I love them.

From Brig to Mollie.  I got teary when she said
this was her favorite one of all her Valentines
From Brig to Allen and Mom.  "Did I spell masages right?"
Can't wait to use those "dieper" coupons!
From Brig to Truman
To Calvin from Mollie
From Mollie to Truman
Mom: What kind of picture do you want to color for Truman?
Mollie: Something cool like dragons or castles.  Truman likes
stuff that's cool.
From Mollie to Mommy.

To Brig from Dad and Mom--he laughed so hard at that baby
picture from Allen and has been saying it all day.
To Brig from Mom and Dad
To Calvin from Mom and Dad.
Cal has been carrying these three
pictures around with him today.
To Mollie from Mom and Dad
To Truman from Mom and Dad.  Truman's favorite
show right now is "Leave it to Beaver."  We've been
enjoying watching together on Netflix.  And every
episode, I am amazed how much Wally and the
Beav resemble Truman and the Brig . . .
From Mollie to Mommy.  This is one of my favorites--a box filled
with mini drawings.  I love the volcano one--I think she would draw
rainbows and flowers exclusively if she didn't have two older brothers
I love kindergartner handwriting
From Truman to Mommy . . . so special
From Truman to Brigham . . . with some teasing thrown in
From Mommy to all the kids.  Good for a walk to the
gas station to get any treat they each want.
From Becca to Allen
From Becca to Allen.  Oh yeah . . . Sherlock.
From Becca to Allen.  Bahahahaha!
From Becca to Allen.  His favorite one.  Because we have only been
having desserts on Fridays and Sundays for quite a while.
From Allen to Becca.  I saved the best for last.  He really is "slightly" funnier.
He made up all of these captions except the ecard and the "wood" one.

7 comments:

Emily G said...

"HAVN FUN" is my favorite. And I'm jealous of Truman's Bill Murray Valentine.

And Sherlock is some fine television right there.

And your BOTS—your bots. They get better every year.

Happy Valentines Day, you fine folks, you.

Katie Lee said...

hahaha... hilarious! I especially loved trumans pictures, and trumans card to you bec!!! So much fun! (and tebbin said that Allens valenbot looks like Jar jar binks)

Jane said...

Okay, I have one important question:

Where do you collect all the stuff to make Valenbots??

Becca said...

Jane, I just save junk starting right after Christmas. Instead of throwing it away, I put it in a Rubbermaid tote in the garage. And if we get rid of a printer or blender or anything like that during the year, I let my boys take it apart first and save some favorite pieces in the same tote in the garage. But after we make Valenbots, I clean the tote out and throw almost everything away. :)

Jane said...

Good to know. And I thought of one more...Do you save the Valenbots? Do you have a collection of them or do you toss them after a little while?

Becca said...

We totally throw them away. This is the first year we did it the day after Valentine's. Usually I let the kids keep them until March 1st. But we weren't able to display them in the windowsill this year because Calvin is two-and-a-half :), and he broke half of them on Valentine's Day, so into the garbage they went. I tell my kids the same thing for their Valentine cards from school--they can enjoy them until March 1st, but then they have to throw them away. If they have something really special, of course they can keep it, but so far we've had success with "looking forward to next year's Valentines."

Tiffany Unsworth said...

So much funny love swirling around your home. LOVE it.